Tuesday 7 May 2019

Twinings Lady Grey




We always have Lady Grey in the house - it's my wife's favourite tea. She drinks it with milk, I drink it without. For me any tea that is flavoured is best without milk, and it seems to me to be as odd to have a tea with both milk and a slice of lemon as it is to have milk with Lady Grey. But, each to their own, and it can be drunk either way, and there have been times when I have drunk Lady Grey with milk, and I haven't died.

I do like Lady Grey - it is a bright, zesty tea, full of light citric flavours that enhance and excite the tea. It works well. The name is Twinings own and is trademarked, though the flavourings used (bergamont, lemon and orange) are not, so there have been imitations, such as Sainsbury's Citrus Grey. It was developed in 1992 as a variation of Earl Grey tea, initially just for the Nordic market, but in 1994 it was introduced to the UK.


Date: May 2019  Score: 7
***


Twinings


No comments:

Post a Comment