Monday 20 May 2019

Char Teas Irish Breakfast





Oooh this is lovely. Picked up my friend Myles to go out for our weekly pub lunch, when he showed me some tea he had bought from Char Teas in Winchester.  I had a sniff of this Irish Breakfast tea and was totally absorbed by the malty, fruity, spicy aroma, so he immediately gave me some bags to try.

The claim is that this is a strong tea, but I'm not finding it strong so much as full of character. It does need a bit of long brew to bring out the character. Get the time right (around five minutes) and this tastes deep and rounded and with a malt and fruit flavour.


O dear. Because I made two brews of this in a short period of time I ended up suffering from a caffeine overdose which laid me out for three days, and took a week to fully recover. Ouch! Despite that, I did like the tea. I'm just unlikely to drink it again! 

Date: May 2019  Score: 8



No comments:

Post a Comment