Friday 23 December 2016

Lidl Deluxe Honduras Cristobal






Found three wonderfully packaged coffees in Lidl for around £3.30 each for 250g of beans and the useful wooden barrel. There is little information in English regarding the beans - the info on the backs of the barrels is in German.

Descriptions are in German

Honduras coffee used to be mediocre, but has gained a reputation recently for the improvement  in quality coffee from a handful of areas. The coffees are not seen as the highest quality, but as very decent. The Cristobal name only comes up in relation to Honduras coffee to a single grower, Cristobal Fernandez who is used by Blue Bottle Coffee distributors. I have enjoyed the Honduras coffees I have had from Tesco and Monoprix, so was hoping for a bit more than I am getting so far from this Lidl Deluxe.  There are chocolate notes and some violets and lime, which is very attractive, but the whole is a a little sludgy, not clearly defined, and finishing with a little bit of bitterness. I am playing around with the brewing as I see some potential here, but as yet I haven't found the right amount or right grind.

I found the right amount - just over three spoons, and ended up really enjoying this coffee.

Score: 7


Lidl Tea & Coffee




No comments:

Post a Comment