Thursday 24 November 2016

PG Tips Pear & Caramel




I bought these a couple of months ago when they first appeared in the shops. Fruit and herb teas are becoming so popular that Britain's oldest and most conservative tea brand has got in on the act. I loved the pear and caramel flavour when I first had these, but over time I noticed the flavour fading. That seemed to happen quite quickly, and now, either I am now accustomed to the flavour or it has completed faded; I no longer taste pear and caramel, just mostly the base rosehip. I mean, it's OK, but just that, OK. I find rosehip to be an unexciting flavour especially as it tends to being a little tart. The delicate and inviting sweet warm flavour doesn't appear to be present any more. If the flavour fades so quickly that it goes within two months, then I won't be getting any more of these. I like them, but not enough to drink 25 in a couple of weeks.


Date: Nov 2017   Score: 4



2 comments:

  1. Hi do you have any of the pear and caramel tea bags you don't want or know where I can get any please. I just love them and can't get them anymore. Thank you kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. PG Tips no longer do the Pear & Caramel. But some other tea companies do. This is probably your best bet, if a tad expensive:

    Pickwick Tea


    Steve

    ReplyDelete