Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tea-and-coffee-emporium Tarrazu Medium Roast Coffee Beans from Costa Rica










Medium roast Tarrazu beans bought from tea-and-coffee-emporium.co.uk for £3.25 per 100g. I had to play around with the amount of beans, length of grind, and time in the water to get this to my taste, and at the end of that I'm still not impressed with  Costa Rican coffee. With three scoops, a coarse grind starting toward fine, and leaving for four minutes, I have a creamy coffee with gentle dark chocolate flavour and a clean acid backbone that suggests lime and violets, however, it's also a little sludgy, and a little bitter. But if I grind too coarse, or leave for less than four minutes the coffee tastes weak and watery.

I'm thinking that Costa Rican coffee is not my thing.


4/10


Costa Rican coffee



No comments:

Post a Comment