Monday 25 January 2021

Twinings Options After Dinner Mint

 


This is an instant hot chocolate to wish you add hot milk. It already contains dried milk as with other instant hot chocolates, but it suggests only two spoonfuls of powder as opposed to the four which the regular instants ask for.  We've had this in the cupboard for a while now, and I'm not sure it's sold anymore - I think it may have a new name - Belgian Choc Mint

Using milk gives the drink a fuller and more silky mouthfeel. I sometimes use milk instead of water on other instant choc drinks, and it does work. I tried adding some creme fraiche the other day to a Lidl hot chocolate, and while it did add creamy body, it also brought in a sour note which didn't quite work. I think cream would work, but not creme fraiche. 

This is an attractive and appealing hot choc - a little sweet for my taste, and not quite enough chocolate, but it is pleasant and drinkable with an attractive mint flavour to freshen it up. 

Date: Jan 2021   Score: 6

***

Twinings

No comments:

Post a Comment