Sunday 25 October 2020

Galaxy Light Instant Hot Chocolate

 


As I can no longer drink tea or coffee - not even the instant frothy coffees or decaffeinated teas - because of my body's now total intolerance of caffeine, I have been drinking herb teas like peppermint, and camomile, and also the occasional hot chocolate. I like hot chocolate - it's the nearest thing to coffee. But as it is generally made with milk and sugar, it is an indulgence that I need to moderate if I am to keep my weight under control. This Galaxy Light seems a good compromise. 

The ingredients

I generally dislike "light" or "low fat" products because they often lack the very qualities I am looking for in that product. In a chocolate I want the rich creamy indulgence, but low fat versions tend to be thin, dry, and lacking in the creamy sweetness I am looking for.  But this does taste rich, creamy, sweet, and indulgent. There's a decent chocolate flavour - milky smooth the way Galaxy is, rather than the full on chocolate of other products, so not top class, but certainty in keeping with what you'd expect from a hot chocolate trade marked "Galaxy". And, along with full on and exciting proper chocolate, I do like a Galaxy now and again - smooth, easy eating, very commercial. 


This doesn't contain much actual sugar, but it does contain a lot of glucose syrup  which is apparently a cheap product made out of starch, commonly corn, that gives body, sweetness and richness to food products. 


Jar is 180g (10 servings). Cost is £2.99 which is 29p per mug. Good value. 

Date: Oct 2020   Score: 6  




No comments:

Post a Comment