Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Co-operative Truly Irresistible Fairtrade Fine Bean Coffee





I noticed a while ago that there was a trend for instant coffee blended with ground coffee. I was curious so I bought this pack. But with so many proper ground coffees to drink I never found myself reaching for this pack, and it's a bit out of date now. Recently I've been drinking the milky instant coffees, so I thought I might just be ready for some instant - after all it is perked up with ground coffee. Well, it is out of date, so there isn't much of a ground coffee aroma. It tastes like instant coffee. It's not inedible. I've had some ground coffees that tasted far worse than this. It's just that there's no character, and no pleasure. It's a a hot, watery, coffee flavoured drink. I'm not put off trying one of these blends again when fresh, but this particular one is going to the bin now as there's nothing here to make me want to return to it. I'm not even sure if they sell this any more. I'll take a look next time I'm in the shops. Perhaps the fad for blends of instant and ground coffee have passed while this has slowly gone stale in the back of my cupboard!


No score. Just reviewed out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment