Thursday 24 September 2015

Lidl Deluxe Colombian Risaralda Roast & Ground Coffee







£2.49 for 227g from Lidl. So a good price. Grade 4 roast. This is lovely. Creamy and smooth with a lovely body that is rich and flavoursome, but not overpowering. Nicely balanced all round with little flavour treats in all directions. My gosh I like this. This is a gentle, subtle brew. Low acidity and low burnt notes, even though this is a Grade 4 roast. There's a range of nut flavours - peanut, almond and hazelnut. This is soft, relaxing, and invites further drinking to explore the flavour combinations a bit more. I'm going to enjoy this one. My sort of coffee. The more I drink this the more I like it, and it has come top in three blind taste tests I've done against other Colombian coffees.




Risaralda is an area in Colombia that is part of Unesco's World Heritage Site for its historic coffee landscape and its global significance as representative of Colombia's coffee production. While Colombian coffee growers promote the region, opinion is divided, with some feeling the best Colombian coffee grows out of the region.


Date: Sept 2015  Score: 7/10




This does pretty much what I want in an everyday coffee. It is easy drinking yet flavoursome. There's flavour and character but without excessive bitterness or acidity. It is easy to make, and enjoyable to drink. It is rounded and satisfying in the mouth, and gives off a warm aroma. It's not an exciting coffee, but most of the time I don't want that - I just want a flavoursome and satisfying coffee that's quick and easy to make. And I love the flavour of this one. Crisp toffee, chocolate, butter and almonds. Nice.


Date: March, 2018   Score: 8


This is currently:


Best quality Colombian
Best value for money Colombian

4 comments:

  1. The best coffee i have tasted for a while. I shall go and buy more😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss being able to drink coffee. My substitute is hot chocolate. It's not quite the same....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this coffee, so flavoursome! I don't buy a coffee now when I'm out I would rather come home to make myself a coffee with this, it's my favourite by far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. This is proper coffee. It's hard to buy proper coffee in coffee shops and cafes these days - everyone sells espresso in which the individual character is roasted out of the bean, and then it is made quickly with steam, so what people get is a sort of coffee essence - a rather simple drink lacking in complexity or roundness, but easy to drink and tasting of "coffee".

      Delete