Friday 31 January 2014

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Costa Rica Tarrazu Coffee








I've made this several times, in a few different ways, but all - apart from twice - the coffee has been a little too bitter for my taste. I wondered if I was leaving the coffee in the water too long, and once I plunged a little earlier than I normally would, but that resulted in a weak and grainy coffee. Once I did seem to get the timing right, and had a reasonable cup of coffee, with pleasant lime, chocolate and almond flavours, but not a coffee that I found particularly impressive. There's a backbone of acidity cutting through the sludgy, powdery bitterness which provides some contrast, but on the whole this has not been a coffee I have enjoyed.

3/10


Sainsbury's own label tea and coffee





Costa Rican coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment